Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Knitting content!

Not mine though - haven't got the camera out (blush).

performance knitting

kind-of Freddie Robins in action - without seeing Freddie or the needles!

Elsewhere - the new knitty
sigh, to be able to afford enough Noro to knit Lizard Ridge - what a beautiful blankie.

I have finished a commission - yeay! - I was asked to knit Chicago from Rowan 37 after someone saw mine (it's one of my favourite summer evening garments) - ALL those flowers later (53 of them!) and I packed it up this morning - forget to take photo's though. D'oh! I'm a bad blogger.

2 more commissions on the needles - one a Debbie Bliss child's jumper & a "sensible waistcoat with pockets" for an 80-ish y.o. who's worn out his last one. This is the waistcoat using Mackenzie Tweed (silk/wool) from Texere yarns.

Other than that I've got 2nd sock syndrome and it's stunning Cherry Tree Hill sockyarn too, so I really shouldn't be stalling it and Sock Wars is looming!

2 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

Thanks for mentioning the new knitty Jo - I always miss it :) I love US knititng sites as they go up to decent sizes for plumptious ladies like me. And well done on the commissions - it takes a special person to knit commission IMO. I haven't got the patience. I once knitted a pair of socks for a woman and she never turned up for them - lol

5:31 pm  
Blogger Anita Fern said...

Good to see another Cornish blogger! I saw some of your work last week in St Ives - it looked great. Commission knitting sounds interesting - how do you manage though if it's a yarn/ pattern that you really dislike? Or maybe the knitting itself is the thing? There's a thought... process vs. product, I suppose.

PS. We have 'met' before, haven't we? On the Rowan forum a few years ago?

11:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home